Chery Australia – Capped Price Service Terms and Conditions
- Definitions 1.1. CMA means Chery Motor Australia Pty Ltd ABN 28 662 958 205 1.2. Authorised Chery Dealership means a dealership appointed by Chery Motor Australia Pty Ltd to sell new and/or demo vehicles marketed by Chery in Australia and/or authorized to provide warranty service for such vehicles. 1.3. Service and Warranty Handbook means the official booklet provided by Chery to customers at the time of vehicle purchase. This booklet contains information regarding the vehicle’s warranty and maintenance records. 1.4. Chery Vehicle(s) means a Chery branded vehicle imported by Chery Motor Australia Pty Ltd and distributed in Australia. 1.5. The Program means Chery Motor Australia’s capped price service program. 1.6. Warranty Start Date is the corresponding warranty start date recorded in Chery Australia’s database. Usually this is the date of first registration in Australia. 1.7. Scheduled Service means the service listed in the Scheduled Inspection and Maintenance Schedule in your warranty and service handbook.
- Eligibility 2.1. This program is available to both retail customers and designated fleet and business customers. Chery Motor Australia reserves the right to add or remove vehicles from the program or modify the program’s terms at any time without prior notice. 2.2. The program applies to all eligible new Chery vehicles wholesaled from 1st January 2023.
- Authorised dealers 3.1. Eligible vehicles can only receive service as part of this program at authorized Chery Dealerships.
- What is covered under the program 4.1. Eligible Vehicles are entitled to receive the first seven (7) Scheduled Services at each applicable Scheduled Service Interval for a Capped Price. The first eligible Scheduled Service will be either the 12-month or 10,000 km service, whichever comes first. The final eligible Scheduled Service will be either the 84-month or 70,000 km service, whichever comes first. 4.2. For the duration of the period during which the Program applies to your Eligible Vehicle, the Capped Price which applies to each eligible Scheduled Service for that vehicle will not be increased.
- What is not covered under the program 5.1. The following service/maintenance items are not included in the services provided under the Program: 5.1.1. “Items requiring more frequent attention” – Some vehicle components may need to be replaced or serviced more often based on driving conditions. These are not typically covered under a standard maintenance program. 5.1.2. “LPG additional maintenance items” – Vehicles that run on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) may have additional maintenance requirements compared to gasoline-powered vehicles. These additional maintenance items would not be covered under the program. 5.1.3. “Non-genuine parts or accessories” – If a vehicle has been fitted with parts or accessories that are not genuine, any servicing required as a result of the installation of these items would not be covered under the program. 5.1.4. “Normal wear and tear items” – Items that are subject to normal wear and tear, such as brake pads, wiper blades, and batteries, would not be covered under a standard maintenance program and would need to be replaced at the owner’s expense. 5.1.5. “Fluids, additives, and treatments” – Any fluids, additives, or treatments that are not specified as schedule service requirements would not be covered under the program. 5.1.6. “Accident damage” – Any damage to the body, chassis, or driveline components as a result of an accident would not be covered under the program. 5.1.7. “Adjustments not specified in the maintenance schedule” – Any adjustments or repairs not specified in the Scheduled Inspection and Maintenance Schedule would not be covered under the program.5.2. It is important for customers to be aware of the terms and conditions of the program, so they know what is covered and what is not covered. Any additional work or costs should be communicated to the customer before being performed.
- Effective start date of the program6.1. The effective start date for the program will be the vehicle’s warranty start date recorded in Chery Motor Australia’s vehicle database.
- Duration of coverage of the program7.1. The eligibility for this program will end when any of the following conditions are met:7.1.1. Completion of all Scheduled Services covered under the program.7.1.2. 90 months have passed since the original warranty start date.7.1.3. 70,000 kilometres have been travelled.
- Scheduled Service timing during the program8.1. Service intervals for Chery vehicles are determined by either a set period of time (12 months) or a set distance (10,000 km), whichever comes first (refer to your warranty and service handbook for the intervals specific to your vehicle). If a vehicle does not reach the nominated distance before the next service interval, the service should still be performed based on the time specified in the Scheduled Inspection and Maintenance Schedule. Each eligible Scheduled Service under the Program can be claimed within 3,000 km or 6 months, whichever is earlier, of the specified interval.8.2. It is the responsibility of the customer to bring the vehicle in for servicing at each Scheduled Service Interval. If the customer misses a service opportunity within the defined time and distance limitations, the service will lapse and the customer will no longer be eligible for the Capped Price service. In this case, the customer will need to discuss available servicing options with an authorized Chery dealership.8.3. If a more comprehensive service is missed and additional service work is needed for the vehicle’s function and durability, such as a brake fluid change, coolant change, or valve clearance adjustment, the customer will be given a quote for the additional service items required. It is important to note that the capped price service cannot be claimed for both a specified distance service and the corresponding time interval service separately.
- Maximum payable amount for a Capped Price Service9.1. Authorized Chery dealerships will not charge eligible customers more than the Capped Price for Scheduled Services under the program. If additional services are performed that are not included in the current scheduled service, additional charges may apply.